Companion Management Group is undergoing growth, and is seeking to add another full time Accounting Associate who is experienced, self-motivated and highly organized. As a member of the finance team, the Accounting Associate will coordinate the accounts payable functions and process payroll for several companies. The successful applicant will be professional, detail oriented and have a positive attitude with the ability to multi-task.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable: Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to processing in a high volume accounting department utilizing QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions. Accurately codes invoices to correct general ledger accounts, performs accurate data entry and preparation of check runs on a timely basis.
- Payroll: Reviews time cards and inputs payroll data into Paychex Preview on a semi-monthly basis for assigned companies. Ensures accuracy of payroll data input contacting appropriate personnel for any discrepancies or missing timesheets. Prepares journal entries to enter payroll data into QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions and creates reports from Paychex Preview as needed.
- Cash Receipts: Process and post incoming customer payments.
- Reporting : Produce various accounting reports and analysis as required.
- AA degree in Business/Accounting and 2 -3 years of accounts payable and payroll experience required, along with multi-company experience
- Highly desired knowledge in QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, Paychex, and intermediate knowledge in Excel
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting principles, payroll and payroll tax laws.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of employees, management, and business partners.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must work well under tight deadlines.
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, strong time management skills and great attention to detail.
We offer a wonderful working environment, competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, vacation, sick and 401K.
For immediate consideration, forward your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.