Looking for a rewarding opportunity in Hospice? Come and join a great team and cohesive group of staff. Companion Hospice in Downey, CA is currently seeking a Full-Time Patient Care Secretary to join our team. Companion is the leading organization that provides Hospice, Home Health, and Palliative Care. Our patients come first and our employees are our most important asset!
- Answers telephones and takes and/or transmits messages to personnel
- Maintains patient care records consistent with policies, regulations and standards
- Maintains a system for faxing, mailing, and monitoring patient care record documents
- Assist with staffing coordination
- Receives and initiates all referrals for services
- Schedules and prepares documentation for all staff and team meetings
- Compiles all weekly and monthly statistics reports on referrals and visits made as requested by the director or the team leader
- Keeps team leader, office, and field staff informed of patient status and condition
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of fax machine, computer keyboard and various duplicating machines
- One (1) year hospital, home health agency, hospice or medical office experience preferred
We offer a wonderful working environment, competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, sick, and 401K.