Per Diem Home Health Aide
Looking for a rewarding opportunity in Home Health? Come and join a great team and cohesive group of staff. Companion Home Health in Downey, CA is currently seeking a Per Diem Home Health Aide to join our team. Companion is the leading organization that provides Hospice, Home Health, and Palliative Care. Our patients come first and our employees are our most important asset!
As a Per Diem Home Health Aide you would provide personal care and homemaker services to ill patient and perform related tasks in the patient/family place of residence. Some duties include:
- Assists patients with personal care, transfers in and out of bed, ambulation, and with use of the bedpan:
- Performs activities in a manner consistent with home health aide training and as outlined by the RN case manager
- Plans, shops and prepares nutritionally sound meals and/or special diets as ordered by the physician:
- Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered
- Performs activity in a manner consistent with State regulations and with home health aide training.
- Assists with prescribed exercises which patients and home health aides have been taught by appropriate health personnel:
- Performs light housekeeping duties directly associated with patient care;
- Maintains a positive and professional image
- Possession of current certificate to practice as a home health aide in the State of California
- A high school graduate
- Demonstrated ability to recognize the needs of people and to maintain good relationships with them
- Demonstrated experience as a home health aide
- Reliable Transportation and willing to travel.