Looking for a rewarding opportunity in Hospice? Come and join a great team. Companion Hospice in Orange, CA is currently seeking a Per-Diem Nurse Practitioner to join our team. Companion is the leading organization that provides Hospice, Home Health, and Palliative Care. Our patients come first and our employees are our most important asset!
As a full time Nurse Practitioner, your job duties would include:
- The nurse practitioner provides services that are medical in nature and must be reasonable and necessary, be included in the plan of care and must be services, that in the absence of a nurse practitioner, would be performed by a physician.
- The nurse practitioner may also work in conjunction with the attending or primary physician, shall assist in providing for the medical direction and quality of care provided to the patients and families in conjunction with the hospice interdisciplinary team.
- May also function as an RN in performing nursing duties. However, these duties are governed by the Nurse Practice Act (see RN Job Description).
- Possession of a current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of California
- Minimum of one (1) year professional experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience in hospice or palliative care. Comprehensive knowledge and well developed skills in:
a. Medicine, oncology, and pharmacology.
b. Pain and symptom management.
c. Philosophy of hospice and the medical aspects of hospice care.
We offer a wonderful working environment, competitive salary, and 401K